Braid Consulting combine the key disciplines of online marketing and web project management into a service akin to having your own senior online marketing.
Digital Transformation Consultant
Highly experienced digital and online consultant with extensive knowledge of project management; over 25 years’ experience, 18 in Internet and IT, most recently have set up my own business offering Internet Consultancy services, Braid Consulting. Prior to this employed by Fuse8, recently voted Digital Agency of the Year, as Head of Online Marketing Services with overall responsibility for all online strategy activity within the organisation.
Also worked for Superbreak as IT and Internet Development Manager with responsibility for the online channel business (with revenues in excess of £80m per annum) and IT infrastructure. An excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to motivate staff and build development teams in house or off shore. Vast amount of Internet and IT experience learnt through the years – sometimes the hard way!
- Project management: PRINCE2 Practitioner, programme management, Agile project methodologies
- Internet: eCommerce, Internet development, Internet accessibility and usability, information architecture
- SEO: SEO strategies, user acquisition strategy planning
- Business: team management, security cleared to SC level, business process planning, consultancy, business continuity planning, disaster recovery planning, strong ability to form relationships at all levels, strong ability to think outside the box, ability to motivate staff
Digital and Online Consultant
A formally trained marketeer, David has over 25 years experience in commerce. This has incorporated formal strategy planning, marketing services disciplines, team management and research. First web build was managed in 1998. Extensive experience in digital marketing then followed, particularly in the hotel/tour operator sector.
From 2000 David spent 8 years building the Superbreak.com web business. Revenues grew from About £100k to £48 million turnover in the period David managed the business area. The website(s), and the marketing plans won numerous awards. Strategies focused on organic and paid traffic balanced against an extensive affiliate programme. Since leaving Superbreak in late 2008 experience has broadened through a series of medium/long term sonsultancy projects;
- Launch of Yorkshire.com for Welcome to Yorkshire
- Travel affiliate projects
- Apartment website marketing for citybaseapartments.com and central-london-apartments.com
- Marketing Londonnights.com
- Braid Consulting projects.
David’s experience of web marketing issues is extensive, encompassing the key disciplines of seo, ppc, email, affiliate, social and off-page promotion. The launch of a number of major websites have led to a depth of experience in user testing, user research, site usability and design. In short, a rounded marketing professional.
Awards over the years
- 2009 – Travelmole “Best Tourist Board Website”, for Yorkshire.com
- 2009 – Best Digital Agency – fuse8
- 2008 – British Travel Awards “Best Travel website”, for superbreak.com/agent
- 2008 – Travolution “Best Search Strategy”, for superbreak.com
- 2007 – NMA “Best Use of Search”, for superbreak.com
- 2007 – Technology in Marketing Award, “Best Search Marketing” for superbreak.com
- 2007 – Commission Junction “Innovation in affiliate marketing” for superbreak.com
- 2006 – British Travel Awards “Best Travel website”, for superbreak.com
- 2004 – British Travel Awards “Best Travel website”, for superbreak.com
- 1994 – Chartered Institute of Marketing “Best Research Campaign” for Consort Hotels