We were asked by a client to assist them in preparing a website brief and sourcing a development agency to carry out the build of 2 websites within the Telecoms industry. We acted as web strategy consultants/web project managers for the business as they had no real in-house expertise in digital projects and had been stung by their previous agency. Our brief was:
- Analyse current website user data and statistics
- Prepare a website brief for TS and SB
- Create a wireframe structure to be used for both websites
- Design and develop a new website for www.talk-straight.co.uk using WordPress
- Design and develop a new website for www.schoolsbraodband.co.uk using WordPress
- Populate pages with supplied content ready for go-live
- Implement on-page optimisation to meet best practise guidelines for SEO
- Test the new websites across browsers and platforms to ensure they are responsive
- Put both website live
Naturally we had hoped to be retained for longer, and oversee the actual build and launch of the site. What happened was we ended up applying sticking plasters…
The project strategy and structure was developed with the client. We worked with a development agency to build the 2 websites for Talk Straight and Schools Broadband. To make it easy for the client to update the sites in the long run WordPress was used as the content management system. We also stipulated to the development agency that the usability of the WordPress theme had to be the same for each site to keep in-house training to a minimum.
The client produced the content based on the strategy and structure and once the WordPress theme was ready content population began.
The end websites for Talk Straight are huge improvement on the previous site and allow the client to update the whole site themselves with little recourse to either Braid or the development agency. The sites are responsive, SEO friendly and allow the client to promote their business professionally.